2/6/13

Altoids Box Robot and More

Feliz Dia Media Naranja=Happy Birthday to My Better Half

Hola Amigos! Hope you are having a wonderful week so far. This is my first personal post. Don't worry, there won't be many of them..only for special occasions like Birthdays, Anniversaries, Graduations, Tooth Fairy Visits to name a few...( just kidding). This post I dedicate to my dear husband, for more than one reason!

You see, today is his birthday and he also was a key element in the making of this little guy!
My husband is the kind of gifted man who can transform my crazy ideas and multiple descriptions and use of the word thingy, into a reality.

Is not that I'm not capable of opening holes on a can or use a power tool to file metal, but he knows that the easy and cheap project in my head will turn into at least a $200 dollar visit to the Emergency Room after I drilled my finger, so he rather "help me".

My husband is the kind of man, that would call me from work just to tell me he came up with another idea for my robot, even though I've made them put it together 10 times earlier in the week because I thought it didn't have enough "personality"...yes personality for a tin can, I know.

My husband is the kind of man that wakes up early every morning and goes to work in and out of state so his wife can stay home, take care of the kids and play with glitter hearts and paint.

He is very patient and listens in his own way when I go on and on about details that perhaps no one would care or notice but me.

When I told him what I was going to use to make a cute functional robot.I think he was more baffled by the materials than the "cute functional part" Yes my robot was going to be a card holder, picture frame, backpack carrier, note holder, clip magnet robot, All this out of Altoid boxes, screws, wrenches, spark plugs, jelly containers and embellishments...tell me you don't need to have the patience of Job to follow this madness!






A Cute hat made out of a Preserves Tin!










Some of the Embellishments








(Insert Your Own Portrait, Sometimes I do look like Einstein, lol)

My husband has a heart of gold...and I'm so proud to be his wife. Perhaps I don't say it enough, maybe I don't say it at all...I just hope he knows that he is truly my better half and that I admire him, respect him and love him for all the wonderful things he is and the person he makes me feel!

Happy Birthday Dear! He came out looking perfect! With lots of personality and Beautiful Hearts!
Besitos,
Lizy

Celebrating at these Fabulous Parties
Under The Table and Dreaming
Sassy Little Lady
The Chicken Chick
Classy Clutter
Parola di Laura
Clippie Dips
Kathe With an E
Do Small Things with Love
Naptime Creations
The Ironstone Nest
My Turn (for Us)
From My Front Porch to Yours
Handy Man, Crafty Woman
PrimpJunktion
Food Done Light
Feeding Big and More
Confessions of an ADD Housewife
Beyond The Picket Fence
Embracing Change
Consider me Inspired
Designed Decor
Kreative Creationz
Fireflies and Jellybeans
French Country Cottage
Marigold's Loft
Create With Joy
Redoux Interiors
Jennifer Rizzo
My Romantic Home
Chic on a Shoestring
The Thriftiness Miss
Diana Rambles
Life on Lakeshore Drive
Sew-licious Home Decor
The Tablescaper
USS Crafty
Flamingo Toes
52 Mantles
Craft-O-Maniac
Miss Information
Bowdabra

24 comments:

  1. What a beautiful "Happy Birthday" for your husband and the robot...wow! Thank you so much for your visit. So happy to have found you and will be following along closely now. I am sooo impressed with your blog, humor and recipes. Fantastic!
    melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizy, Thank you so much for visiting us. We absolutely love your robot and your tribute to your husband. We bet he thinks your an awesome wife. And, as chocolate ranks very high on the list of our mom's favorite things, we love the name of your blog. Best wishes for a successful blog. Purrs and hugs from the kitties at www.thecatonmyhead.com, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Josette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so Much Janet and kitties.. Your words just brightened my day!

      Delete
  3. Lizbeth, I want to say happy birthday to your husband. He sounds like such a wonderful man! I, too, am blessed and have a partner who has worked hard so that I could stay home!
    You know I love you and all of your recipes and now I love your crafts and stories too!
    Please keep sharing with all of us. It is what makes us know each other better!

    Thank you for linking this wonderful craft up to the In and Out of the Kitchen party!
    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com
    Ps - I just realized I was not following you! Shame on me. I am off to share this on my facebook page and to pin it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He does look perfect, and kudos to your husband for being so wonderfully supportive!

    Also, aaaaaaaaaack you've drilled your finger before?!~??!?!?!? OUCH!

    Happy birthday to your husband!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, your little robot is adorable!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Liz! You are amazing! The robot looks great. You have a wonderful husband and I wish you both an everlasting love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, i don't know which is sweeter, your robot or your love for your hubby:) Hope he has a terrific bday! New follow. Follow me too at http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/search/label/fabulous%20flourless%20peanut%20butter%20cookie or http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/02/be-fearless-arianna-huffington.html Found your post at talkin about thursday:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely tribute to a great husband!! Happy birthday to him! The robot is so cute! I'm love mixed media and you did a great job combining so many different elements. This guy has such character!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have an entire nightstand drawer full of empty Altoids tins and I've been trying to come up with something to make out of them! These are amazing!!! Pinning this one to make the hubby for V-Day! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This little robot has personality coming out his cute little eyes! What a cute guy and your tribute to your husband is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the most adorable little robot. I love altering things so must try this. And with a blog name like yours, how can I not follow you?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your robot is adorable! He reminds me of the Tinman in the Wizard of Oz! Thanks for sharing at Submarine Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable!!!
    Thank you so much for sharing on Tutorial Thursdays.
    x
    Natalie
    www.marigoldsloft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Natalie! Glad you liked the little guy!

      Delete
  14. I'm seriously in love with this robot. Thank you so much for linking it up at Crafty Thursday Obsessions! You got my mind spinning & wanting to go by altoids now lol

    <3 Happy Vday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Stacey! Hubby loves him too! Thank you so much for stopping by! Hope you had a Beautiful Valentine's Day too!

      Delete
  15. This is Awesome! My son would be so happy if I made this for him, the problem is that I am not a big Altoids fan. I am pretty sure this craft justifies the purchase of them. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lizbeth, your Altoid box robot is so kreative and I just LOVE it! Thank you for sharing at Crafty Thursday Obsessions!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We are totally in LOVE with this project!!! What a super idea. Thank you for linking up in our Crafty Showcase last week.

    Thanks for sharing!

    xoxo Susie @Bowdabra

    New Linky
    http://bowdabrablog.com/2013/02/23/crafty-showcase-link-up-anything-fun-in-the-craft-project-linky-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank You Susie..I have to admit this is my personal favorite too...I think it's because it was for my husband. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  18. Congrats, Lizbeth!
    Im back! We really appreciate you linking this up again because it fit our theme perfectly this week! One of our designers also used an altoids box in her project this week!

    Your tutorial was picked and featured by our Bowdabra Designers in our Eco Friendly collection today from last week's Crafty Showcase.

    http://bowdabrablog.com/2013/04/12/feature-friday-bowdabra-top-crafty-showcase-picks-43/

    Stop in to see your feature. See you tomorrow at the new Crafty Showcase!

    Susie @Bowdabra

    ReplyDelete