2/1/13

Rapidito en Viernes=Quicky Fridays

Hola Amigos! Friday is here and what a weekend this one promises to be! Pre-Superbowl parties on Saturday and the game on Sunday!
This morning looking through some paper work I ran into a postcard from some paradise island saying something to the effect...Wish You Were Here! and I said...well I might not be able to get on my magic carpet and transport myself to a sandy beach coconut in one hand and suntan lotion on the other...but I can pretend I'm there via food! So I did! Seafood, coconut, ginger and lime..yummm....and everything is done in less than 30 minutes!...I'll take that for now!!! Here is my recipe perfect for a rich, tasty soup that will make you feel right in the middle of a Thai Market, a Pacific Island Restaurant...or a Tropical Beach in no time at all perfect for this busy weekend or anytime you feel like traveling without leaving the comfort of your house.

Island Paradise Scallop Coconut Soup


3 cups Vegetable Stock
1 cup bottled Clam Juice
2 TBSP Fish Sauce
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
8 oz Sliced Fresh Mushroom 
2 TBSP Fresh Ginger, chopped
1 cup Fresh Snow Peas
1/2 Pound Scallops
1/2 Pound uncooked Shrimp, peeled and de-veined 
1 can Lite Coconut Milk
1/4 cup Fresh Lime Juice
1 TBSP Cilantro
TBSP Green Onions, chopped
1/4 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes (optional)

In a large soup pot. whisk together stock, clam juice, fish sauce, garlic and ginger. Bring to a boil.






Add mushrooms, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.


Add snow peas, scallops and shrimp. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and cook for another 5 minutes.



Stir in coconut milk, lime juice, cilantro, green onions and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes until thoroughly heated.


Listo!


This soup will easily serve 4 !
There you go my friends and easy trip to the islands. Delicious, somewhat healthy since we used lite coconut milk, but most importantly done in about 30 minutes ! 


Wishing you a great weekend and a  fun Super Bowl Celebration among friends and family always keeping in mind that everything tastes better with a Pinch of Love !


Besitos,
Lizy


20 comments:

  1. Hi Lizbeth your soup looks delicious! I voted it as my Host Favorite from Foodie Friends Friday Linky Party 30! Monday you can stop by the link I'll post here and get your badge if you like.
    Thanks for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is Fantastic Cindy!!! Oh My Word!!! Thank You so much for voting for my soup...it is really tasty, I promise! I will stop by on Monday for sure and wear my badge proudly! Thank you and have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Hi there, just found your blog through Brenda's Welcome Wagon Friday. Your photography is superb! Each picture makes me hungry for what you're cooking. I'm adding you to my blogroll where I won't miss any of your posts. I'm already making our my shopping list for ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious.. and I love your pictures. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and remember to come back and vote on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so Much Marlys! I will stop by for sure to vote!


      Delete
  4. Lizbeth, you know I love what every you make! I am so glad that one of us from Foodie Friends Friday listed you as host favorite! I wanted to pick you, but I see you were already chosen!
    I will be making this! It looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Cynthia, thank You so much! This is a particular dish I love because it really takes me back home! and with all this snow...boy do I wish I had a margarita and sunglasses on! lol..Thank you so much for all your support!
      Big Hug,
      Lizy

      Delete
  5. THAT looks incredible! AND it makes me yearn to be by the sea as I sit here and watch the snow fall...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Sherie...if you feel that way means my job is done! Perfect! you will enjoy it...I promise!
      Thanks for stopping by the blog!

      Delete
  6. Mmmm :) Thank you for joining The HomeAcre Hop!
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/01/the-homeacre-hop-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds so good! Thank you for sharing! I am a new follower!

    Christi
    http://the-not-so-perfect-momblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Christi..will stop by and visit your blog!

      Delete
  8. Looks yummy! I love shrimp! Thanks for sharing @ Submarine Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious! I would love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday through Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Also, don't miss the Sweethearts Giveaway with over $2,000 in prizes. Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Mariel and for the invitation! will stop by next saturday for sure!

      Delete
  10. This looks delicious! I have never made scallop dishes at home. Thanks for sharing @ DearCreatives.com & linking up! Hope to see you soon. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lizbeth here's the link for your Host Favorite Badge and group posts photo! Thanks again for sharing at our Linky Party! Cindy http://www.foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com/recipes-that-caught-our-attention-3/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This soup looks wonderful! Thank you so much for linking up to Simple Supper Tuesday. I'm your newest follower both here (on GFC) and FB :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow looks delish! thanks for sharing on Sat. Dishes! Paula www.callmepmc.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love shrimp so I am all over this dish, thank you for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete