2/7/13

Yet another...Pool Noodle Wreath

La Cuarta es la Vencida=4th Time Around

Hola Amigos! This is the last Pre-Valentines post of the Season! Ufff...I thought the day would never come, lol. I have to admit, I've never been so creative about Valentine's EVER!!!! but the key to it was to make it fun. What I really hope is to have gotten across the message that giving more than expecting something is the Key To Love!

On to our last nut craft for V'Day...Another Song inspired one of course ( hey...I told you guys I was stuck in the 80's, ) This time the J. Geils Band and their humorous rendition of the 1980's hit Love Stinks! Do you remember the video...with the gas masks and the fish? Loved it!

But we couldn't just leave it like that...oh no...it needed a main character...a charming one...in comes..Mr. Pepe Le Pew. How doesn't remember this endless romantic hopelessly in loved of that unfortunate kitty cat!
With phrases like "Ze Cabbage does not run away from Ze Corned Beef" what is not to love about this guy!

Put them all together in an old pool noodle that has seen way to many wreaths as you could see, Add some pretty hot pink ribbon and yarn for some contrast and flowers...oh yeah...little flowers because Pepe always thought he smelled like roses...poor little thing...

I used a little sign from Michel's and chalk painted it, but since my handwriting skills are zero to none..I changed my mind and decided better to use little stick on letter for the "Love Stinks, Yeah Yeah" part of the song.

Oh much better!..He is even holding his little heart on his paw...Simple Irresistible...(nope..that's another song!

I borrowed this little stinker from "My Little Stinker"...with the condition "Put it back in my room when you're done with your pictures mom"!!!! the wreath is in his room where he can keep a close eye on his buddy!

I hope you enjoyed and had fun with me with my twist on Valentines! It was a blast and lots of laughs. thank You for all your nice comments and support to my campaign of donating to the Red Cross. I will be heading that way this Valentine's with my oldest son to give the gift of Live and Love to our Brothers and Sisters in need!

"It's not how much we give, but how much Love we put into giving" Mother Theresa

Besitos,

18 comments:

  1. You have done a great job! The wreath is so beautiful Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute! I think I may have that skunky little beanie baby in storage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv it!!! I have used a special quote from Pepe at the top of my blog for Valentine's Day. This wreath is so darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is not to love about that skunk huh? lol...Thank you so much for stopping by the blog and your sweet comment! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. So cute :)
    Thanks for visiting my blog, I am your new follower.
    x
    Natalie
    www.marigoldsloft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Natalie. I love your blog too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Welcome to Pink Saturday, glad you could join in with your sweet, darling wreath. I've always loved Pepe Le Pew.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really cute. Pepe Le Pew has always been one of my favorites. The speech bubble/cloud is a really nice touch, and even better with the bit of song lyrics.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ~Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute wreath! I love the skunk and the chalk board bubble! Thanks for sharing this at Submarine Sunday! I'm definitely pinning this wreath. And I should donate blood. I haven't donated in years, and I have O-, the "universal donor."

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha I love this! What a cute idea! Thank so much for linking up this week at Time For You Tuesday and Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. gotta love the pool noodle :o) Thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays at Nap-Time Creations. I have a new button that I would LOVE for you to put somewhere on your blog if you get a chance... oh and I am hosting a week of giveaways in honor of my blog birthday. A new one up every day. http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2013/02/blog-birthday-week-custom-fabric-abc.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hilarious! Love Stinks--pinning! Thanks for sharing this at the oldies party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy...Glad you enjoy my sense of hummor, lol.

      Delete
  11. Stinkin' ADORABLE! Thank you for linking up in our Crafty Showcase last week.

    Thanks for sharing!

    xoxo Susie @Bowdabra

    New Linky
    http://bowdabrablog.com/2013/02/23/crafty-showcase-link-up-anything-fun-in-the-craft-project-linky-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Susie! It's great to have you here!

      Delete