5/20/13

Death By Chocolate Cake & Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe

Hola Amigos! It's been a while since we dipped something in chocolate on the blog, so...let's dip it Big Time!
I'm sharing with you today my recipe for Death by Chocolate Cake with a Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting! Yup, this recipe is not for the faint at heart. It will cure your chocolate craving for an entire week for sure.
Here is the recipe and a Disclaimer saying this blog is not responsible if you: Fall into a Sugar induced Coma, Your kids go into Hyper Mode, Your Teeth Hurt, You gain 20 pounds just by reading this recipe or you Fall completely In Llove with it and make it over and over again! LOL

Death By Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting

Death by Chocolate Cake
1 Box Chocolate Fudge Cake 
1 Cup of Milo chocolate energy drink or your favorite chocolate milk
1/3 Cup Caramel Coffee
1 Small box Instant Chocolate Pudding
eggs according to box instructions
oil according to box instructions 
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
1 Bar (6.5 oz) Milk Chocolate Shredded, I used Trader Joe's
 Follow the instructions on the box of your Fudge Cake. I replaced 1 Cup of Chocolate energy drink plus 1/3 cup of coffee for the same amount the ask for water. Also add the pudding and manualy add the chocolate chips and shredded chocolate before putting the mix in your pan.
Bake according to instructions.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz Cream Cheese Softened.
1/4 Cup Butter Softened
3 oz Semisweet Chocolate Melted
2 Cups Confectioners Sugar
1 TSPS Vanilla Extract
1/3 Cup Cream 
Pinch of Salt
Mix Cream Cheese and Butter until creamed. Add Melted chocolate, Sugar, Vanilla Extract , Cream and salt until everything is smooth and ready to spread.


Listo,

If you are a chocolate lover, you are in heaven! Chocolate Chips inside, Chunks of Milk Chocolate in the frosting and Big Chocolate Balls and Chocolate Syrup to decorate. Do you have enough?

I hope this recipe helps you have a Sweet Head Start this Week! Remember that everything tastes better with a Pinch of Love! and lots and lots of Chocolate!

Besitos,
Lizy

Sharing a few extra sweet calories at these Fabulous Parties:
Worthing Court
Under the Table and Dreaming
The NY Melrose Family
Will Cook for Smiles
Sweet 2 Eat
Heatherly Loves
Spatulas on Parade
Life on Lakeshore Drive
Sew-Licious Home Decor
Dessert Now Dinner Later
Your Homebased Mom
Serenity You
Claire Justine oxox
My Turn (for Us)
Simply Designing
The Best Blog Recipes
Chic on a Shoestring
Rattlebridge Farm
504 Main
One Artsy Mama
The Thriftiness Miss
My Romantic Home
This and That
The Home Girl
Kitchen Fun with my 3 Sons
The Charm of Home
Food Done Light
RealCoake.com
Nap-Time Creations
Pint Sized Baker
Love Grows Wild
Sarah Lynn's Sweets
Love Bakes Good Cakes
Memories by the Mile
Our Home Away from Home
twelveOeight
Fluster Buster
Feeding Big and More
Mom's Test Kitchen
Clean and Scentsible
The Style Sisters
No Minimalist Here
The Mandatory Mooch
Seven Alive
Jennifer Rizzo
Natasha in Oz
Rain on a Tin Roof
I Gotta Try That
Between Naps on the Porch
The Pin Junkie
Cozy Little House
Tumbleweed Contessa
Ginger Snap Crafts
Handy Man, Crafty Woman
Life with the Crust Cut off
Rate the Plate Utah

39 comments:

  1. I love chocolate!!!! I'm definitely going to try this one. Pinning for sure....

    Sharon
    http://makeitorfixit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much for the pin Sharon,you are going to love this one!Hope you don't mind the calories, lol

      Delete
  2. Hola Amiga Holy cow you weren't kidding, can feel the lbs. creeping on my poor old butt/legs as I type this. I'm so drooling also. Oh girl this is death by choc. cake. wow. I can hardly wait to be able to make this for hubs, think for Father's day would be perfect. So glad you shared this recipe. Happy days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Amor! Gracias!..lol...you know how many times I've tried to do the "healthy" thing and stay away from "this" lol...too many to count, oh well...the big booty is working for JLo so hopefully it will work for us as well! Thank You so much for your visit and comments, always love to hear from you!

      Delete
  3. This looks absolutely, sinfully delicious!!! Thanks for sharing and have a great week! ~Cindy@littlemisscelebration.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sinfully is the right word Cindy! Thank You love!

      Delete
  4. I think, I just died! Can't you say, I've been staying away from goodies for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the cake looks amazing! Love the presentation. Following on Facebook. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you believe my husband doesn't like cake??? Maybe that's why I had so many kids, so I'd still have an excuse to make them. hehehe This looks delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! This looks so good!! I love cakes, especially chocolate! =)
    Following you from "Memories by the Mile" linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! This cake is perfect for a chocolate lover like me! I'm hopping over from Memories by the Mile Link Party.
    Ritchil
    http://chengand3kids.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Death by chocolate so would be the case for me but I'd die with a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh, Lizy! Amazing - I need to try this when we have a get together! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This WILL be the death of me! It look awesome, Lizy and I love that there are Milo in - pinned :-) Thank you for sharing at our All My Bloggy Friends Party !

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks amazing! I like that you added caramel coffee. Thank you for sharing at Fluster's Creative Muster Party!

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lizbeth, This cake will end up being my favorite! Not only does the cake look delicious but the chocolate cream cheese icing sounds fabulous. Thanks for sharing your recipe at the Open House party.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh wow! That cake has me drooling :o) Thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays and for the link back :o) Can't wait to see what you bring next week. Emily @ Nap-Time Creations
    oh, and I just posted looking for some help with my blog... maybe you can offer some advice?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks and sounds delicious. Definitely going on my to make before the weekend list! Would love to have you stop by the BBQ Block Party Thursday and share your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I see my sister, Terri Henkels, found this before I did,lol. This cake looks so moist and creamy, you are right it would be a chocolate coma for me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG this looks sinfully delish!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE chocolate too!
    What a what to die IF I had to! lol
    Cheers! Joanne
    What's On The List
    http://www.whatsonthelist.net
    Foodie Friends Friday Party!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG that looks lush! popped over from the weekend blog hop x

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! Talk about death by chocolate! This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing at Two Cup Tuesday at Pint Sized Baker. I've pinned this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks like chocolate heaven! Is there such a thing as too much chocolate? Never! Thanks so much for linking up at the Real Family Fun link party! Hope to see you next week.
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  22. All I can say is WOW!! im speechless :) looks so amazing, I love chocolate :)

    Thanks for sharing with us at welcome to the weekend blog hop ...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for sharing on the BBQ Block Party! Amazing recipe - it is so deliciously chocolate! I love the mixtures of semi-sweet and milk chocolate throughout the cake and your decorations are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Terri! Happy you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  24. Good gravy day! I gained 15 lbs looking at this.
    Thanks for linking up at Swap N Share Sunday
    Dawn
    Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is the problem when your blog's name is Just Dip It In Chocolate, LOL! Thank You girl!

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW this cake looks heavenly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All that chocolate just sounds amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks so much for sharing this on Sweet Tooth Tuesdays. This cake sounds so amazing, I will have to try it sometime!! I would love for you to link up again this week, I can't wait to see what recipe you might share!

    http://sarahlynnssweets.blogspot.com/2013/05/sweet-tooth-tuesdays-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is a mouth watering cake!!
    Definitely my kind of dessert :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. This looks like heaven on a plate! Love your blog title, it says it all!
    Love to have you share at our linky party.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  30. Holy chocolate! This cake sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #14.

    ~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
    http://dessertnowdinnerlater.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. THis looks sooooo good! Can't wait to make this when NO ONE ELSE IS AROUND because I think I'll want to hide it and eat it all up on my own ;)
    Thanks for sharing at Give Me the Goods Monday Link Party!
    Amy @ www.commona-myhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my! I think you have outdone yourself here. I am afraid to make this because I just might eat the whole darn thing myself. Thanks for bringing your best stuff to the party this week. I can't wait to see what shows up next. Best wishes for tasty dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This really looks truly amazing! You've been featured at the Circle of Faith link party! You can grab a featured button on my link party buttons page!, Hope your having a great weekend! http://www.kaylascreationsblog.com/2013/06/circle-of-faith-link-party-9.html

    -Kayla :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Anything with that much chocolate has to rock! Thanks for linking up to our Home{work} Wednesday link party. You're one of my top 3 personal favorites and I'm featuring you on Marty's Musings fb page tomorrow. Great job!

    ReplyDelete