9/13/13

Toe of Frog Halloween Lemon Cupcake Recipe

Toe of Frog Halloween Lemon "Poke" Cupcake Recipe, bring this magical creatures into your home! they are sweet and fun! The perfect Halloween cupcake for those who celebrate with a whimsical theme!
Hola Amigos! We are finally getting into some Fall temperatures here! It has been so hot the last couple of days! I mean really hot...we needed a little break! Today I'm sharing with you a very easy recipe, a simple twist on one  I made before. I was in desperate need of something sweet with some ingredients that I already had and that I could together with  very little thought to it. See, I suffer from migraines and some days are worse than others...but back to the cupcakes.

This is a pudding poke cupcake. I used pistachio pudding to take a little bit of the bite of the lemon cake! Besides I thought the combination on green and yellow was just too pretty!
Since I had a few frogs hopping around the kitchen, I used them as the centerpiece decor and theme for my cupcakes. When I was little I heard so many things about frogs, and believe me, non of them had to do with kissing them to transform them into a prince...that happened later, lol

My "abuelita" (gradma) used to say that if I was to touch a frog I would get Warts!!! EEWWW! Yucks...no way...so never touched one..on this cupcake the warts are made out of mint green mints M&M's
Toe of Frog Halloween Lemon "Poke" Cupcake Recipe, Because Halloween doesn't have to be scary all the time, we can also have fun with these sweet whimsical woodland creatures...even their warts are sweet and edible!

She also used to say, if you squeeze a frog (why would I do this...I don't have a clue) the frog skin would secrete some slimey, almost mucus like substance...YUCKS!!!...on my cupcakes I recreated the slime with Wilton"s  green candy melts! you can see it just running all over the top!

But forget about the mucus if you can for a minute, these cold blooded amphibians can magically be born in water...they grow legs...(toes included) and then, they Walk Out of the Pond and live the rest of their lives hiding on the muddy surfaces near the pond in case they needed a quick refreshing bath! My pond is represented by the pistachio pudding topping and my dirt by a crumbled cupcake!

There you go my friends, this is my Frog story and I'm sticking to it! On time I learned to love these guys to the point of refusing to dissect one when I was in HS earning proudly I should say, my first F!! oh well...there's a frog out there owning me her life!

Thanks for visiting my friends! I love Halloween because even a non fancy, not perfect and everyday home baked cupcake, can turn into something out of a children's tale with just a little bit of imagination and a Pinch of Love!
Besitos,
Lizy

Toe of Frog Halloween Lemon Cupcake 
Ingredients:
1 Box Lemon Cake
(and everything you need to put it together according to the box)
1 packet (4 servings) Pistachio Instant Pudding
(and everything you need to put it together according to the box)
Key Lime mini marshmallows (optional)
1/2 bag Wilton green Candy Melts
1 small bag of Mint M&M's
Decorative Gummy Frogs (or any other slimey critter you might have)
Directions:
Mix your cake according to instructions. Cup the mix into Jumbo Muffins non stick tin pan. At this point I decided to add a couple of key lime marshmallows I just found at a local store for .99. Delicious!
Bake at 350 F for about 18-20 minutes. Let them cool.
While they cool prepare your pudding mix according the the packet instructions. 
Pull your jumbo cupcakes out of the tin pan. Poke a couple of holes in the cupcakes using the handle of a wooden spoon and pour the instant pudding mix on them. *Note: Don't over mix your pudding, since it's instant it will start to set super fast. perhaps just a couple of whisks or use some regular Pistachio Pudding not instant.  I got distracted by the phone while whisking and very little went into the "poked holes". Refrigerate.
If you have some extra pudding top and cover areas of the cupcake  that were not covered with the initial pouring add a couple of M&M's on each cupcake
Melt your candy tablets and spread them on the cupcakes to create the slime.
Crumble the less pretty looking cupcake on top of the slime and  top them up with your Frog or critter! Enjoy!


Prep Time 10 minutes                                 Cook Time 18-20 minutes                    Serves 6


Hopping over with my Sweet Cupcakes to these Fa-BOO-lous parties:
The Wondering BrainCheerios and LattesOr So She SaysIt's OverflowingLife on Lakeshore DriveSuburbs MamaTwig StudiosNifty Thrifty ThingsFlamingo ToesNavy Wifey PetersSpatulas on ParadeVMG206Titi CraftyCookin' For the Seven DwarfsWho Needs a CapeSummer's ScrapsTwelve O' EightThe Velvet Moon BakerYour Homebased MomMy Mixing SpoonBowdabraCaft-O-ManiacThe Chicken ChickThis Gal CooksCupcake-n-BakeA Pinch of JoyJembellishKeep It SimpleAlderberry HillDIY Home Sweet HomeSay Not Sweet AnneLines AcrossFlour Me with LoveUnder the Table and DreamingMs. enPlaceBetween Naps on The PorchRain on a Tin RoofThe PandP KitchenThe Tumbleweed ContessaClaire Justine oxoxCozy Little HouseMade in a DayThe Blackberry VineMad SkillsLove Grows WildHome Stories A to ZTable for 7Ladybug BlessingsI Gotta CreateChef In TrainingMandy's Recipe BoxNap-Time CreationsA Southern Fairy TaleHuckleberry LoveJam HandsNot Just a HousewifeThis and ThatDucks 'n a RowLady Behind the CurtainMade to be a MommaGinger Snap CraftsMom's Test KitchenThe Shady PorchMy Girlish WhimsCrystal and CoThe Well Crafted HomeThe Everyday HomeKitchen Meets GirlThank You HoneyThe Trendy TreehouseDream a Little BiggerSmart School HouseWhite Lights on WednesdayPolkadots on ParadeReal Housewives of RivertonSNAP733 BlogThis Silly Girl's LifeSomeday CraftsWe Like to Learn as We GoMemories by the MileThe 36th Avenue52 MantelsSweet Hautea Handful of EverythingKatherine's CornerThe Mandatory MoochWhat's Cooking LoveLamberts LatelyThe Crafty Blog StlakerLive Laugh RoweGingerly MadeBrambleberry CottageRecipes for my boysKitchen Fun with my 3 SonsThe Best Blog RecipesCraftionaryThe Answer is ChocolateMy Turn (for Us)Simply Sweet Home,Living Better TogetherThe Pink JunkieTidy MomJust Us FourHome Maid SimpleDear CreativesDiana Rambles504 MainTatertots and JelloA Little ClaireificationAngels HomesteadSix Sisters StuffBe Different Act NormalDelish

CoconutHead

26 comments:

  1. Yum! I never tried poke cake/cupcakes with pistachio pudding! I bet it's delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew, I get migraines too...for awhile (3 years!) I got them regularly, and oh my, never pretty!! Sorry you have to suffer through them too, they can be downright debilitating.

    The cupcakes are cute, probably one of the few times ever I'll see frogs and say, 'aww!' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are seriously amazing with these creative ideas and crackin' me up at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Dawn..I wasn't blessed as others with the ability of decorating and creating pretty things from scratch, so I have to use every trick under my sleeve to make the ordinary a little out of the ordinary? LOL...thank you Love, you are always so supportive of this mad scientist chocolate lady! Hugs!

      Delete
  4. Those are adorable!! I am loving all of your Halloween treats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun Lizbeth!! These cakes are awesome!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill...I tell you little boys and big ones too..My hubs has eaten half of the batch, lol...I guess boys never stop liking frogs,lol

      Delete
  6. Such a cute idea :) My little boy would love this. My girls probably would too.
    cass-eats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute! I have them pinned on my Trick or treat board also! Thanks for linking at Show Me Your Plaid Monday's!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Chandra!and thanks for the awesome pin too! love pins

      Delete
  8. When I was little I was told the same thing...about the warts. As always, you make me smile Lizbeth. As always, a pleasure to visit here. Thank you for coming by and linking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this. I've got to try this for the kids. I've never seen it before. Thanks for sharing with us at our Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angel...this is one of those messy but sweet and good to eat desserts! Just keep the napkins handy!

      Delete
  10. This looks like something my nephews would totally wig over. We may have to have a cupcake making party.

    And thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boys and frogs go together like peanut butter and jelly, they are going to love thees!

      Delete
  11. I love your frog story and these cupcakes are so fun. I know to little boys who would love them! Thank you for joining in the fun at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your frog story and I know two little boys who will love these cupcakes. Thank you for joining in the fun at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to go to your house for halloween... you have the funniest recipes. Thanks for sharing them with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute idea. I'm about to have twin grandsons. They will love something like this in a year or two. Thanks for linking to What'd You Do This Weekend.

    Linda @ Tumbleweed Contessa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol...these are so funny and cute! Great for kids!

    Thanks so much for sharing at the Pinworthy Projects Party!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for sharing & linking up at Thank You Honey's Whatever Wednesday Party!! Hope to see you this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these cupcakes! I featured you twice today on my Spooktacular Linky Party Roundup! Thank you so much for sharing on Made in a Day!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnak You much Kim! That is so sweet of you! Thank You!

      Delete